Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Finals week from a bird's eye view (a few select people will get this joke)

Walking into the library today, I immediately felt something was wrong.

1) Why are there so many people here?
2) Wasn't that kid supposed to graduate 3 years ago?
3) That person looks like they might freak out on everyone in here in five seconds.

Until it hit me, it's finals week. Your probably wondering why I wouldn't be immediately aware of this, I must be a terrible student. Not the case. I can explain this in five words. I am a communication major.

Now I know what most of you are thinking. Communications is the easiest major that's why she doesn't have finals.

Once again, I'm going to argue not the case. As comm majors, we may not have out noses stuck in books memorizing complex mathematical equations or scientific diagrams. But, tonight I got to pitch an advertising campaign for chick fil a (that they may possibly use) for my 'final exam.'

That's the life of a comm major. I'm not here to argue that we deserve the same respect as other majors, I'm just saying what we get to do is complex and awesome in its own way.

So I may not be in the library pouring over equations, but I'm printing my flyer for chick fil a that I designed myself and that they may use to advertise to you to get you to buy their food. And that's good enough for me.

Happy Finals Week everyone, and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment