Sunday, April 22, 2012

FATE

The past couple days the word "fate" has been following me everywhere I go. From conference presenters to watching the series LOST, I can't get away from it. So I figured I should contribute my thoughts to the word that carries so much baggage with it.

Let's get one thing straight. I hate talking about feelings. I hate when people talk to me about their feelings. So basically you will never find that crazy talk on this blog. So don't worry, that is not where this conversation is going.

 I have been reflecting a bit on life as I've started to mature and there is one constant that life has promised me. Trust fate.

Trust fate. For a person like myself wrapped up in logic, trusting something so intangible can be difficult. But lately I've learned that the less I think about something or try to plan it out, the easier life becomes because fate takes over.

Many instances have showed me that just when you think you have everything figured out, life offers a big "just kidding!" Recently, these "just kiddings!" have brought me the most happiness in life.

After high school, I thought I had it "figured out." I had my "best friend," my future career plan. My whole life played out.

To quote Megan from Bridesmaids, "not the case" for any of the above.

My best friend, career path and many other things have changed for the better. It's pretty awesome to be truly happy and believe it. More importantly, to have people around you who make you happy by just being who they are and for allowing you to just be you.

But I guess that's fate or more importantly, that's trusting fate.

And personally, I can't wait to see what else it brings me.

So trust fate everyone. It's been pretty good to me so far. Trust me.


No comments:

Post a Comment