Sunday, January 27, 2013

We accept the love we think we deserve


The title of this post comes from one of my favorite books and movies (that I also starred in), The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I knew I loved it, but I never really thought about what it really means.

It means we settle.

We know things need to change, or something is not right but we are such creatures of habit-so afraid to embrace anything different- we stray away from the word 'new.'

We all do it. I'm guilty of it more than I want to be. We run scared from what's new even if it means we are running from something we love or someone we love. Opening-up can be down-right terrifying.

Why do we do this?

Why do we punish ourselves? Everyone always says 'life is too short' but do we actually practice what we preach?

As I creep closer to graduation-change is eminent in the future. It's one of those down-right terrifying situations too. College has brought me every thing that makes me truly happy and now its ending. I've started to realize that-to quote my favorite band-it's time to begin. Stop messing around and embrace change. Embrace fate. But never accept anything unless you DO deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment