Thursday, December 27, 2012

I should be ashamed of myself

June. Really? That's the last time I posted to this blog. I should be ashamed of myself.

In that last post, I wrote I wouldn't be publishing any masterpieces in order to enjoy my summer. If you bought that excuse for laziness, I guess I can consider it a job well done.

To be completely honest, I have been a busy girl. I guess I'll let my excuses for not writing help fill you in on what has been happening in my life the past few months. From holding an internship (I now have a new one, which I'll touch on later), to starting my LAST year of college, becoming a proud aunt to a beautiful baby girl, taking on the role of a president of a campus organization, and writing my senior honor's thesis (on crisis management in college sports in case any of you were wondering), my free time has been pretty sparse.

I know, I know.

We all think we are busier than everyone else in the world, but this has personally been my busiest school semester.

Now that I am on winter break (whooo!), I felt it appropriate to resurrect my blogging hobby. After a crazy fall semester, winter break seems like the best present this girl could ask for. I have been able to catch-up on movies I have been wanting to watch (Moneyball, The Descendants just to name a few), read books that have been on my "must read" list since the summer ("Gone Girl,"...I highly recommend this one), and basically sleeping and laying around. A much needed mental break before homework, thesis writing, and Bayer (my new internship), take over my life.

So it's taken me from June to write another blog, but I guess the spirit of the new year being just around the corner inspired me to bring back my hobby (as cheesy as it sounds). Unlike most New Year's resolutions, I promise to keep writing in this blog to keep some sanity when the insanity starts back for the Spring 2013 semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment