Monday, May 21, 2012

From Columbus, with love.

As I write this post, I am sitting in my hotel room in Columbus resting before exploring the town with my fellow intern. This trip marks many firsts.

My first business trip, my first time in the capital of our neighbor state, my first time going to business lunches and dinners.

I have only been at Ryerson for almost a month, but I have already checked off many 'big girl' business firsts. This internship has turned into much more than a summer job, it's giving me experience for the future.

For any of you who haven't heard me talk about it, Ryerson is a metal company. Yes, I'm selling metal while working at the beautiful Ambridge industrial park. And no, I'm not wearing a hard hat and a welder's helmet, although I like to tell everyone that I am and Flashdance was a loose interpretation of my life.

To get back on subject, this is my first time traveling without friends and family by my side. And since I love cliches and cheesy sayings, I'm going to say absence makes the heart grow fonder, there's no place like home, home is whenever I'm with you, etc..

Being without having the option to visit my family and friends is a strange thing to get over.

Yesterday, another girl at the office said something that I usually say to one of my friends, and a little homesick pain hit my heart. Only after one day being away.

What can I say but, I belong in Pittsburgh with my family and friends.

So this post is from Columbus with love, and a quick return to Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment